Monday, December 9, 2019

Wanting New Products

Today I've found myself struggling with wanting new products.

Specifically, new base products. I'm sick of my primer. My foundation. My concealer.

But truthfully, I think what I want is better skin. Or to have my skin return to what I usually consider to be its "normal" state.

Lately I've been dealing with acne. Some spots are so aggressive and difficult to cover up even with green corrector, fuller coverage foundation, AND concealer. I'm not accustomed to dealing with this sort of skin issue. My skin has always, more or less, been clear.

My skin also seems to be wrestling with being combination again. I went through a fairly long period of having dry skin, after having classic combo skin (normal with an oily t-zone). And now I'm noticing some oiliness in my t-zone again, and even around my chin where I am dealing with breakouts. But it's inconsistent.

So it's not about wanting the new makeup. It's about my skin.

What's interesting is that I don't find myself drawn to new skincare items. Perhaps because skincare wouldn't camouflage these issues immediately like makeup would.

So what I'm going to do is look at the skincare items I already have and try and find some new combination of products to help my skin woes.

And in the meantime, dig out the concealer and do my best. And try and de-stress as much as possible. I'm sure the amount of stress is tied to my recent accumulation of breakouts.

I'm dealing with my financial issues (the number one reason why new products are a no-no), the holiday season, my upcoming move, issues at work, and family illness. A little bit of everything!

This evening, I'm going to shop my stash and see what I can come up with- and check out my samples too!

No comments:

Post a Comment