Friday, December 6, 2019

Beauty Budget: First Steps

These are the questions I asked myself before starting to create my beauty budget:
>How much do I actually need? What are the things I might need to repurchase and how often? Am I missing anything right now?

MAX PRICE! Not guaranteed price. What will I actually end up spending?  

The numbers in brackets are what I came up with first. Outside of the brackets is the revised number. 


MAKEUP
Foundation (1-2 bottles, $40 x2) $40
Primer (eye + face, $40 + $36) $40
Setting spray (Mac & UD $40 x2) $80
Concealer ($40) COLOR CORRECTOR $80
Lip balm/gloss (1-2, $20 + $30) $0
Lash glue ($20) $20
Liquid eyeliner ($30) $0
Mascara ($20) $0
Brush cleaner ($50 x2) $50
HAIR
Shampoo ($30) $30
Conditioner ($40) $40
Dry shampoo ($30) $0
Hair oil ($30) $0
Leave-in conditioner ($50) $30
Mask ($50) $0
SKIN
Micellar water/makeup remover ($20 x3) $40
Face cleanser ($50) $0
Toner ($40) $40
Acne Treatment ($40) $15
Face mask ($50) $0
Exfoliator ($40) $40
BODY
Shower gel ($20) $20
Body lotion ($20)  $20

TOTAL: $1046 (approximately $87/month)

WAKE UP CALL. I can’t afford that! The next 12 months of my life are going to be frugal. SAVE ALL THE MONEY. 

So I went back and revised my numbers… Critically. 

LET’S TRY THIS AGAIN: $585 (approximately $49)



Hyperfocus is what derails me, especially with numbers. But I’m going to plan. 

Save. 

Spend less wherever possible. 

Shop the sales strategically. Make do with what I have. USE what I have. Re-purpose. I'm going to Talk Myself Out Of Things…And give myself constant REMINDERS. They may be repetitive, but they help. 

Other objectives include rotating through my stash and decluttering expired products. I will also declutter frustrating products. I AM NOT decluttering to re-purchase. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elle, I think this is a very interesting view. For myself I Plan a low buy for the next 12 months, because I overspended the last time espacially buying clothes. I keep my beauty budget quite low since 2015. It's really hard sometimes but I try Every day to focus in "what do you need, what do you use". I tried to do some Project Pan but I'm absolutely not good in panning things, although I haven't much things. I hope you have a lot of fun with your Blog. I'll read it. XOXO Caro from Germany

    ReplyDelete