Friday, December 6, 2019

Confession: I Used the Sephora Coupon

Every year, Sephora has offered a coupon around the holiday season.

This year, for those who hold a VIB Rouge status (something I'm hoping to lose this year) it was $25 off a purchase of $75 or more.

I wasn't going to use it.

But then- I ran out of my MAC Strobe Cream.

Something I hadn't factored into my budget. Something I didn't realize I would be so desperate to have on hand.

And, as it turns out, Sephora does carry some MAC products including the classic Pink Lite Strobe Cream.

So I added it to my cart.

HOWEVER. That product retails for $40CAD. A bit away from that $75 mark.

So I added the conditioner from OLAPLEX. Something on my wishlist. Something I've been hoping to try to see if it would improve my hair.

That brought my total to $78 CAD. With $25 off it's still $53. Add tax at $7.95 and we're at $60.95.

So I used a gift card.

I had been sitting on a ($50) gift card for a while and now was the time. I might regret this at some point during my journey.

But that brought my total down to $10.95. $3 without the tax. But I'm going to include it with tax for the sake of my budget.

I'm working with a budget of approximately $50 a month or $600 for the year.

I am going to go from December 2019 to December 2020 for my yearly budget this time around.

So looks like I'm down to $589.05

I'm not factoring in gift cards, coupons, or anything like that. I'm purely counting money out of MY pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment