Monday, December 2, 2019

Returning to the Blog-o-sphere!

Hello everyone!

I don't know if anyone will find their way to my blog after the long period of inactivity, but I thought I would start updating again.

My intentions right now are to treat this more like a diary (or a LiveJournal) and just keep track of my thoughts about spending.

I've tried and failed to budget in the past. And now I have no choice. I have to be firm with my money because I don't have anywhere close to the income that I did in the past.

Right now, the biggest struggle is passing the time.

So much of my entertainment was shopping or making lists of what I would purchase next. I was never happy with what I had.

I know part of that is because of my personal life problems. I was shopping to feel better, even temporarily.

But I am in a better place now. I am happier. And because of that I feel like I can handle having less.

For some people, admitting their financial woes can feel shameful. And I do wrestle with that at times because I feel like I should feel bad or like a failure. But this is life. Hopefully someday I will be more secure. But until then I have to try and save money wherever possible.

And little new makeup is a big part of that.

So here's hoping 2020 will be a successful year!

XOXO

ELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment