Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A Long and Winding Road...

December is a difficult month when it comes to consumption- or rather, over consumption.

I find that I need to constantly remind myself that new purchases aren't necessary.

A lot of people take advantage of the holiday sales to make new purchases. Sometimes, these are long sought-after items. It's easy to compare your journey to somebody else's. DON'T.

The choices other people make are not your choices.

Just because it's right for somebody else doesn't mean it's right for you.

It's easier said than done, I know.

I see other people buying all the new releases and I'm jealous. I see some content creators I love receiving PR and I'm jealous. I admit that openly. It's not that I'm not happy for other people, but it's wanting what they have. And why?

I'll also admit to struggling recently with my definition of success as it comes to social media. I was absent for a good portion of the year (2019) and now that I've been making an effort to post regularly again I see a decrease in numbers each time. It's disheartening because I don't know what I did wrong, if anything.

Perhaps people are just growing in different ways.

I'm trying to focus less on the numbers in all areas of my life. But unfortunately with a no buy and a beauty budget, that's simply not possible.

I have to track everything- every single cent.

And I'm trying not to be overwhelmed. But sometimes it feels like I'm a browser with too many tabs open. And where is that music coming from?

 If you have any advice please share!

XOXO

ELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment