Thursday, October 9, 2014

Project Pan Progress: 3 Down

I've been going on a Project Pan/Use It Up journey on my YouTube channel.

My third round of Project Pan has been going fairly well. There are always difficulties with these kinds of projects, especially when you really love makeup/beauty products.

I have made a few purchases (some necessary, some...well, not so much).

In this post I wanted to share some thoughts on three products I've finished up. 




When I began using this foundation (Maybelline 'Dream Liquid Mousse'), it was half-empty. The color (Light 01) was a little too dark for me. I needed to be very cautious when blending this out.
I did receive compliments while wearing this foundation, as it did provide a medium+ coverage. Very buildable, but you do not want to use too much.
I did need to use a powder on my t-zone when I wore this foundation because of oiliness.
This foundation also applied the best with my BeautyBlender, as opposed to a brush. Using a brush made my skin look streaky.
Overall, this is a decent drugstore foundation. But I have no plans to repurchase.

 This Sephora 'Smoothing and Brightening' concealer is magic in a tube. I used an older version, known then simply as '02 Light' but now has the prettier name of 'Radiant Vanilla'. Whatever the name, I hope the formula has stayed the same.
This concealer is light, does not cake or crease, and truly illuminates the under eye area. This is the perfect way to fake a good night's sleep. I applied this with the applicator, then blended with my BeautyBlender.
I received many compliments on my skin. Everybody said I looked very well rested and healthy.
I want to repurchase this now!

Ah, Benefit. I love some of your products and hate the rest. This would fall under the 'hate' category because it simply didn't work. I used this as an eye primer and my eyeshadows strayed after a couple of hours. Very disappointing! As a concealer primer, this was nice. But really, who needs a dedicated primer for concealer? A regular face primer + foundation does the trick nicely for me.
I will not be re-purchasing this.


Have you finished any products recently? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment